Director, Brand Marketing
PMK*BNCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Marketing (Visual Design & Operations)
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a Director for our Brand Marketing division. Candidate must be a self-starter with ''hybrid'' experiential, design, architecture and operations experience rooted in both client-service and hands-on production, ideally on the agency side. Must be an excellent multi-tasker, strong leader and have solid vendor relation and client service skills. Experience with consumer and technology brands preferred.
The Director will also be responsible for all of the visual aesthetics, implementation, and execution for client projects and visual consistency across brand experience activations. We are looking for someone who can create visually engaging displays to enhance the guest's experience and bring the product/service value proposition to life for various brand clients utilizing brand guidelines/brand identity, off-site brand experience activations and other events.
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Managing events and creative projects from beginning to end, to include concept ideation, logistics and execution
• Research and evaluate the event and consumer marketing space to build concept plans that showcase the agency's understanding of popular culture.
• Develop plans, proposals, event concepts, and marketing materials
• Be an active force in brainstorming new, innovative ideas for client projects, marketing and celebrity outreach initiatives.
• Create accurate budget estimates for client for long-term and short-term programs
• Assess program effectiveness and communicate back to client
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena
• Actively project manage vendors, designers, engineers, event producers, contractors, subcontractors and architects
• Execute a variety of events and production related projects
• Research, understand, measure, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage event technology to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals
• Create post-event recap reports that are presented to the client
Visual Design/Operations Responsibilities:
• Designing, obtaining and implementing all visual aesthetics for client
• Reviewing all event related materials to ensure consistency with brand messaging and visual cohesiveness with brand aesthetics.
• Managing agency and vendor relationships to aid in the ideation, design and implementation of visual elements and installation, off-site brand experience activations and other events or activations.
• Negotiating SOWs, deliverables and overseeing the project from end-to-end.
• Collaborate with the retail design team to help bridge ideas between marketing and retail, creating best in class solutions for displays and experiences.
• Assist with designing permanent fixtures, seasonal necessities and special needs for programming/events. This will include window displays, product displays, installations and more.
• Partnering with brand creative team to ensure that all designed elements are in line with what the overall company direction and marketing campaigns.
• Follow written and verbal guidelines to assure that appropriate visual displays and signage are set to publicize and merchandise products, promotions, programming and special events.
• Partner with store maintenance and operations teams to ensure that brand is at the best image possible and the truest expression of objectives
• Oversee the store merchandising team in creating general planograms for new products, and maintain current product placement.
• Offer suggestions, information and training for visual display strategies and techniques.
• Forecast and effectively manage the budget for marketing related furniture, fixtures and equipment.
• Assist in minimizing loss of company assets and check on inventory with store ops team periodically.
• Partnering with the facilities team to assist in any permitting needs and to ensure installations happen according to schedule and to the highest caliber of detail.
• Travel as needed to visit with vendors, consultants, designers and partners for business meetings and prototype reviews.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor degree in architecture, interior design, industrial design or relevant topic.
• 6 years of visual display/retail design work experience with a high end brand.
• 8 years of events and production experience, preferably in an agency setting.
• Experience in large-scale event production is a must
• Sincere interest in consumer brands and creating meaningful consumer experiences through events and promotions.
• Ability to be creative and strategic in designing
• Having the ''can do'' attitude, and thrive in challenging environments. Challenges can vary from internal evangelism of ideas and strategies to helping the installation crew, to presenting project to top company executives.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to partner with all levels of the organization
• Successful in managing large project team; effectively provide guidance and strategy for execution
• Results oriented; willingness and ability to follow-through & make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem solve.
• Top negotiation skills, with knowledge of reading and understanding legal contracts.
• Proven ability to adapt and implement changes required in a fast paced environment and to navigate a complex, matrixed organization.
• High proficiency in the complete Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and excellent understanding of utilizing online and network-based tools for research purposes.
• Proficient in CAD drawings, renderings design, 3D modeling, engineering blue prints
• Understanding of permitting process (electrical, city, fire, TPA, engineering, etc.)
• Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to handle yourself professionally under pressure.
• The ability to travel up to 50% of the year.
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D