Motion Designer/Assistant Producer
PBS SoCalCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
This full-time non-exempt position, reporting to the Director of Production, is responsible for the design and creation of motion graphics, production of program, promotional and interstitial content in support of PBS SoCal and its family of on-air and online services.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
Motion Graphic Design
• Utilizing a multitude of media, design and produce creative custom video assets including motion graphic templates for station branding, program title sequences and graphic beds, underwriter announcements, interstitial promotional messages, and lower third snipes.
• Coordinate with PBS SoCal personnel on technical and artistic elements of production design.
• Orchestrate timely delivery of production elements in conformance with contract and broadcast deadlines.
• Collaborate with PBS SoCal staff to ensure consistency of messaging with all content creation.
Post Production Support
• Produce and edit broadcast and online content including field segments, webisodes, and promotional materials including (but not limited to): institutional image spots, program promos, nightly billboards, promotional snipes, program underwriter acknowledgements, media trade/sponsorship messages.
• Provide editing support for PBS SoCal programs, projects and community outreach events.
• Coordinate with content operations and studio personnel for timely delivery of produced content in acceptable formats.
• Assist with maintaining media asset management system.
• Shoot interviews, B-roll and field stories in support of local PBS SoCal programs and projects.
• Production assistance in coordinating the flow of personnel, equipment and materials in support of PBS SoCal's on-air and online content development.
• Help coordinate schedules and provide casting, script, crew and facilities information for field and selected studio productions.
• Three years academic and/or professional experience as a graphic designer producing animated graphics distributed across various digital media
• Two years of experience in broadcast content production and dissemination
• Thorough knowledge of various animation software, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro X
• Experience with production equipment and formats including non-linear editing systems, HD & SD video formats, and professional video camera equipment
• Ability to work individually and as a team player working collaboratively with other departments
• Strong attention to detail
• Adheres to strict deadlines
• Follows through on assignments
• Quickly learns new software and computer systems
• Able to think creatively and create impactful content
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Understanding of branding elements as they relate to a media brand.
• Self-motivated and able to meet frequent and fast-paced deadlines with initiative and follow through.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online