Intern - Data Scientist
Oklahoma City ThunderOklahoma City, OK
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2016 9:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Data Scientist jobs in Oklahoma City-OK
Search all Intern - Data Scientist postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Oklahoma City Thunder is an elite performance organization and a leading franchise in the NBA. Beyond any single game, season, or outcome, we’re driven to shape the future of our industry, our community and our own legacy in sports. So we’re looking for people who want to make an impact – individuals with the courage and ambition to think and work differently and an endless desire to push for progress. At the Thunder, you’re joining a culture that performs at the highest level and empowers you to realize your greatest potential.
As a data scientist intern, your work is critical to uncovering valuable insights that help shape the organization’s future - influencing strategic planning, decision-making, and performance to create the optimal conditions for talent to thrive.
Working with colleagues, external suppliers, and internal and external data sources, you will work on every aspect of the data pipeline - from the building and maintaining information systems to research, analysis, and presentation. You will leverage data to impact the organization’s most significant decisions, supporting areas like strategic planning, evaluation, coaching, and physical science.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with diverse, large, and complex datasets to solve dynamic and challenging problems
• Performing statistical analysis and predictive modeling
• Communicating and presenting findings
• Developing impactful reports, presentations, and ongoing deliverables
• Collaborating on new research opportunities across various functions
• Pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or data science field
• Some experience with technical tools for analysis - Python (with Pandas, etc.), R, SQL, etc.; Python skills and previous software engineering background a plus
• Some experience with database systems and data wrangling
• Some experience with data visualization
• Proven respect for confidentiality
• Excellent people skills
• Strong communication skills - ability to deliver clear and effective messages to a variety of stakeholders
• Passion for basketball and sports are key
• Must be able to work on short notice
This is a part-time, hourly position reporting to the Director of Basketball Operations.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.