Intern - Minor League Assistant Athletic Trainer
Oakland AthleticsMesa, AZ
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Oakland Athletics Minor League system has one (1) seasonal Assistant Athletic Trainer internship position available. The available position will be located in Mesa, AZ working alongside both the Rehab Coordinator the Certified Athletic Trainers for Extended Spring Training and the Arizona Summer League team. This position will begin on or around April 15, 2017 and end on or around August 31, 2017.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assisting the Certified Athletic Trainer with evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
• Recordkeeping using the electronic medical records system
• Assisting with maintenance programs for all players
• NATABOC certified and in good standing
• Possess or working towards obtaining a degree in Sports Medicine or related field highly preferred
• CPR/AED certification highly preferred
• NATA Certified preferred but not required
• Strong communication and computer skills required
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Are you available to start on or around April 15, 2017?