Vice President, Creative Director
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon is seeking a Vice President, Creative Strategy and Promotion who will be responsible for leading a team that creates compelling and best-in-class promotional campaigns that deliver on network objectives that resonate with the TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick Music channels as well as key business initiatiive, Nickelodeon Sports and The Splat.
This Vice President will have oversight of a creative team that develops strategic campaigns that speak to our audience with a distinct and consistent Nickelodeon voice. Individual will assure that all promotional work meets strategic and creative objectives, and drives audiences to our content on across multiple screens. The VP will also lead the design and co-lead project management teams for each of these properties. This role reports into the Executive Vice President, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Nick Music, NickSports, The Splat
• Translate business goals into effective on-air and multiplatform creative strategies that drive measurable results
• Cultivate a team of strong leaders and foster a culture that places a premium on ideas, creativity and innovation to stimulate original thinking and output - bring new thinking and influences to the group
• Review and supervise the execution, creative direction, output and positioning for on-air promotions across all program genres
• Develop breakthrough approaches to building a cohesive brand voice, and an ongoing presence for the brand
• Partner with Media Planning, Programming, Marketing and Digital to assess business goals and priorities
• Ensure strategic alignment of creative with overall business priorities including tune-in, brand evolution, programming priorities, on-the-ground marketing activations and consumer appeal
• Maintain a long-term, strategic view – anticipate opportunities (and necessities) for coordination, synchronization and integration across multiple platforms, lines of business and departments.
• Lead a focused and effective team. Develop a strong and diverse skill set across the group. Encourage development of an esprit de corps. Ensure that all contributions are valued and foster overall team career growth.
• Maintain contact with internal partners to ensure that the strategies are informed by the most relevant, recent, accurate, and complete information available
• Provide creative and strategic leadership in the conceptualization, development, and execution of all on-air promotion and brand communications
• Review and direct creative work to ensure that work is informed by, and reinforces, creative strategies
• Encourage freshness and creative excellence; foster innovation, risk taking, and creative collaboration across platforms; inspire staff to create breakthrough work
• Allocate limited resources (in coordination with programming and production management) in order to maximize achievement of business priorities through creative work
• Use industry knowledge and contacts to cultivate competitive insights for Nickelodeon
• Bachelor's Degree with 10 plus years of relevant media experience
• Minimum of 8 years of strategic brand communication experience in on-air promos, advertising, and/or brand consulting
• Proven success as an innovative, strategic thinker, creative development and brand building skills
• Superior conceptual and critical thinking abilities
• Ability to provide articulate and effective creative notes and other feedback
• Highly collaborative and flexible
• Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, and develop a world class Creative Team.
• Ability to passionately deliver creative results within the brand and budget parameters.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Polished and confident communicator with outstanding presentation skills.
• Highly collaborative and creatively nurturing.
• Demonstrated hands-on short-form television production experience (promos, ads, music videos, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – and the ability to sell ideas and stories to audiences ranging from kids in our audience to senior executives in our company
• Proven ability to translate strategic goals into innovative creative as part of a team that includes producers, designers, and writers
• Ability to operate quickly and calmly within a large, complex, high pressure, dynamic environment, while setting and maintaining key priorities