Senior UX Designer
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
When kids are experiencing content and exploring the world at their pace, on their level and venturing out to discover more, we want them to choose Nickelodeon.
When parents are choosing educational, safe and fun content for their kids, we want them to choose Nickelodeon.
The User Experience Design team at Nickelodeon is responsible for creating fun, innovative, and usable digital content experiences for kids. We build experiences for Nick and Nick Jr on iOS, Android, Responsive Web, Connected Devices, Game Consoles, TVs, Oculus Rift, Hololens, and more.
This requires a natural born problem-solver, opinion-haver and inner child-engager who is familiar with iterative design techniques like prototyping and user testing.
The most vital characteristics of our team are: We fart with kids, we heart with parents and we smart with business.
Nickelodeon UXD is a place for people that are inquisitive, passionate, collaborative, inclusive, as well as mature enough to not have an ego.
You will be:
• Producing end-to-end UX and Design deliverables for large cross-platform kid experiences.
• Creating responsive wireframes, storyboards, prototypes that exhibit delightful animation and interactions
• Optimizing and iterating existing experiences by pushing the envelope over and over
• You are constantly thinking on how to ace an experience over and over for users,
• Your Waldo spotting score close to 100% with an Outburst Rate of -1% and a Zen Level of at least 95%,
• You love to learn a little about everything,
• Your definition of happy: skill fluidity, hanging and working with fun, bright people on a secret mission to make our world a more playful place,
THEN: Then we have been waiting for you…
• 5 years experience in user interface design, human-computer interaction, and usability
• Great native mobile portfolio showing understanding of different platforms
• Strong experience in native iOS/Android (material) UX design
• Expert skills in Sketch, proto.io, Invision, or other prototype tools
• Experience in UX research methodologies to partner with research team
• Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
• Must be able to work well in a matrixed, agile environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
• Ability to create and clearly annotate wireframes and functional prototypes
• Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
• Must be able to present well and articulate design decisions with grace and logic, and data
• Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
• Outstanding track record in collaborating with engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs and release of high quality solutions