Manager, Human Resources
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Nickelodeon, our mission is to make the world a more playful place. We are a group of creative and passionate individuals who together, as a team, accomplish profound, award-winning work for the best customers in the world... kids. We fully believe that Nickelodeon is entertainment through a real kid’s point of view, and we strive to understand and create experiences in their world.
We are content curators, Influence makers, artists, producers, engineers, innovators, product managers, user researchers, project managers, and trendsetters; who care deeply about our business and being authentic to kids. We leverage partnerships with the best companies in the world with direct access to cutting edge in media entertainment. The Nickelodeon Human Resource Manager contributes to defining and implementing a human resources strategy which supports Nickelodeon’s business objectives and core mission.
The Nickelodeon Human Resources Manager provides full scope Human Resources Generalist support to management and employees in various Nickelodeon business groups, including Public Affairs, Consumer Products Operations, Production Management, Communications, Pre-School Production and New York based Nickelodeon Animation Studio teams. This position will partner with clients’ management teams on all HR issues related to employee relations, org structure, compensation, performance evaluation, staff development and HR administration. The Nick HR Manager will also work on broader HR projects, initiatives and provide HR support to other Nickelodeon departments as needed and assigned.
• Develop strong relationships with supported business groups and assist in determining HR priorities consistent with business objectives
• Handle issues relating to performance management and general conflict resolution
• Manage issues and tasks related to organizational restructures
• Advise management in appropriate resolution of complex or sensitive employee relations issues
• Manage critical hire process for client groups and provide necessary documentation for position approval
• Work with clients to update job descriptions as needed. Partner with Compensation Department on job evaluation process as related to promotions, salary adjustments, new positions etc.
• Manage monthly and ad hoc reports and analysis in the areas of staffing, headcount, compensation, contract activity, and retention and talent management
• Administer key compensation programs including annual merit and incentive programs
• Create innovative solutions and process improvement, utilizing data/analytics and best practices
• Minimum 5 years Human Resource Generalist experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, strong Excel is a plus) to generate monthly/quarterly reports
• Demonstrated customer service ability
• Work collaboratively while functioning in a large matrix, dynamic, fast paced, high touch media environment
• Proven ability to identify issues and establish appropriate plans to resolve
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse client groups
• Great attention to detail, with superior organizational and analytic skills; with the ability to prioritize workload
• Solid project management skills
• Media / Sports Entertainment / Consumer Products background
• Communicate comfortably with Senior Management
• Strong consultative, mentoring, coaching and presentation skills