iOS Developer, Baseball Operations
New York YankeesBronx, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/30/2016 9:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for iOS Developer, Baseball Operations jobs in Bronx-NY
Search all iOS Developer, Baseball Operations postings
Full Time Job
The New York Yankees organization is accepting applications for an experienced mobile application developer in their Baseball Operations department. This position will require close collaboration with senior back-end and web developers, to create our next generation mobile scouting platform.
• Assist in the development of our next-generation scouting application
• Analyze existing systems to extract requirements
• Develop an application architecture/design
• Integrate with existing analytics tools, web-applications, and databases
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3-5 years of specific iOS development experience and a demonstrated high proficiency in developing mobile applications for iOS
• Expert knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch frameworks and the complete iOS SDK
• Well versed in object oriented programming, threading/concurrency, unit testing, mobile security, memory management, common design patterns, and general iOS development best practices
• Experience developing backend REST web services (using .NET a plus)
• An understanding of mobile UI design concepts, and a demonstrated ability to deliver an outstanding user experience in a mobile environment
• Strong SQL skills developing database objects, relationships, constraints, and CRUD operations in Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases
• Experience in handling the entire lifecycle of mobile application development (requirements, design, code, test, deploy, and maintain)
• Ability to decompose existing systems, extract functional requirements, and develop an application architecture with minimal technical guidance
• Ability to work independently with strong worth ethic and communication skills
• BS in Computer Science related field
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.fish
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Do you have 3-5 years experience developing mobile applications for iOS?
2. Describe one mobile application you've developed, including which core iOS SDK services it uses and how it interacts with backend services.
3. Yes/No: Do you have experience using the Core Data framework in your mobile applications?
4. Describe how you've used Core Data, what are some of its strengths/weaknesses.
5. Yes/No: Experience developing backend REST web services?
6. Describe the technologies/platforms you've used to build REST services.
7. List any publicly available mobile applications you have developed or contributed a significant portion of the code to that might showcase your work.
8. Describe your involvement in any public open-source projects.