Web Application Developer, Baseball Operations
New York YankeesBronx, NY
Full Time Job
• Assist in the design and implementation of web-based tools and applications for senior baseball operations personnel
• Migrate and adapt existing web applications for mobile devices and various hardware platforms
• Interface with all departments within Baseball Operations (scouting, player development, coaching, analytics) to build tools and reporting capabilities to meet their needs.
• Work with major and minor league pitch, hit and player tracking datasets, college and other amateur data, international baseball data, and many other baseball data sources
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3-5 years experience with data-driven web application development using:
• ASP.NET/C# using MVC and WebAPI
• nHibernate or other O/R framework
• AngularJS and Bootstrap
• An understanding of CSS, cross-browser, and responsive web development, including a strong understanding of desktop vs. mobile UI/UX design techniques.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and source code management tools (Subversion, Git, TFS/VSS)
• Proficient in SQL databases and various database design principles (Microsoft SQL Server a plus)
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, verification), Agile, and industry best practices.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills – must be able to breakdown a complex task and put together an execution strategy with little guidance.
• An understanding of typical baseball data structures, basic and advanced baseball metrics, and knowledge of current baseball research areas a plus.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Do you have experience writing database-driven web applications, using ASP.Net/C#?
2. Describe one data-driven web application you've developed and how you've utilized ASP.NET/C# and an RDBMS in its development?
5. List any active websites you have developed or contributed a significant portion of the code to that might showcase your work.
6. Describe your involvement in any public open-source projects.