Senior Social Media Editor
New York PostNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Senior Social Media Editor to join our newsroom. Reporting to the Director of Social Media, this person will help create an engaging experience for our followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms as well as focus on driving traffic back to the NY Post & Page Six websites.
• Optimize original site content for social platforms and execute daily posting across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Track breaking news and trending topics to keep digital newsroom informed
• Pitch story ideas to editors and produce content for social media
• Contribute to the development of macro growth strategies across all social channels
• Manage audience engagement campaigns
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest social media technologies and best practices (i.e. new tools, algorithm changes, platform enhancements)
• Help execute social partnerships with other media companies + social influencers
• Assist in assessing opportunities on emerging platforms
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience managing social media in a newsroom; breaking news experience required
• 2-3 years of additional editorial experience preferred
• Strong news judgment and excellent writing and copy-editing skills
• Experience with a variety of social media platforms and managing social media accounts for large audiences
• Knowledge of digital media trends and emerging platforms
• Proficiency in metrics-based decision making with an emphasis on reading and interpreting data
• Ability to be both a self-starter and team player; strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
• Ability to multi-task, balance priorities and thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Passion for all things social and The New York Post!
The New York Post is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system , we automatically include this in the subject for you. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online