New York MetsFlushing, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 9:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Staff Accountant jobs in Flushing-NY
Search all Staff Accountant postings
Full Time Job
Location: Citi Field
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and reporting accurate and timely financial information as well as involvement in the month-end close process and financial statement review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of all required journal entries including accruals, expenses, deferred revenue, etc.
• In conjunction with the month-end close process, prepare and analyze general ledger account reconciliations, ensuring that revenue and expenses are recorded appropriately.
• Record daily cash receipt and cash disbursement transactions in the general ledger system.
• Prepare bank account reconciliations.
• Reconcile intercompany balances.
• Record, maintain and reconcile fixed assets and related depreciation accounts,
• Assist in the annual audit and tax compliance process by providing supporting documentation.
• Assist in the documentation of accounting policies and procedures, including the ability to recommend and implement process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Great Plains experience a plus
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The individual will be expected to take ownership of his/her work product.
Education/and or Experience:
BA in accounting and 2-3 years of progressive accounting experience
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. What is your salary expectation for this position? Please provide a range.