Minor League Medical Coordinator
New York MetsPort St. Lucie, FL
This was removed by the employer on 10/28/2016 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Minor League Medical Coordinator jobs in Port St. Lucie-FL
Search all Minor League Medical Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Department: Minor League Operations
Location(s): Port St. Lucie, Florida
Reports to: Director, Minor League Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Minor League Medical Coordinator is responsible for leading the medical staff in providing comprehensive, evidence-based sports medicine for Mets minor league athletes. In a collaborative effort with team physicians, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning specialists, provide year-round preventative maintenance and rehabilitative health care to Mets athletes. Work includes clinical treatment of athletes, managing staff of trainers and administrative duties pertaining to the medical department. Position requires research to gain knowledge regarding all medical procedures and diagnoses (orthopedic and non-orthopedic) of Mets athletes along with coordinating medical communication with all physicians and Mets personnel.
• Oversee the medical care of all minor league players.
• Work as part of the player development team in developing strategies for internal player improvement during season and off season within area of expertise.
• Communicate with players at affiliates, minor league complex, home and other locations to ensure their health and treatment plans.
• Communicate with team physicians to determine appropriate treatments and arrange visits for injured players.
• Hire, evaluate, oversee and develop staff of minor league trainers and rehab personnel.
• Advise organization on new technologies, techniques, treatments and modalities for proper care of players and work with and educate staff on incorporating new research into current practice patterns.
• Participate in maintaining a training room environment that engenders trust, professionalism, and respect for diversity at all times.
• Document all health services provided and communication with athletes when discussing medical information in team’s injury management system.
• Ensure maintenance of confidential health, medical, and insurance records in accordance with MLB and HIPPA requirements.
• Organize entrance physicals for spring training, extended spring training and newly drafted/signed players.
• Coordinate transfer of care for players going to and coming from the Major League level.
• Maintain budget for and inventory of medical supplies at the complex and each of our minor league affiliates.
• Provide administrative support for invoices, purchase requisitions and purchase orders for inventory.
• Act as primary point person for all medical consultants.
• Lead research and development projects with measurable endpoints for assessment of current treatment methods and development of future methods.
• Communicate necessary medical information to front office as necessary.
Seven (7) or more years or relevant experience. Dual credentials in ATC and DPT. Professional sports experience strongly preferred. Bilingual (English and Spanish). Advanced degree in a health related field. Managerial experience preferred. Experience in managing injuries in professional athletes in private practice and/or sports medicine setting. Must possess strong clinical skills that enable precise diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical orthopedic injuries. Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate to a variety of health care professionals, team management and players. Self-motivated, driven individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays and able to travel. Must uphold and embody organization’s core values.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. What is your salary expectation for this position? Please provide a range.