Intern - Venue Services Off Season
New York MetsFlushing, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Venue Services department oversees all aspects of food & beverage, merchandise, memorabilia, promotions, on-site tenants, and inventory control. From determining the price of a hot dog to negotiating with player agents for memorabilia agreements, Venue Services is involved in a vast amount of areas within the organization. This internship will provide insight and inclusion with the majority of the department’s functions.
This intership will run from October 2016 through Opening Day in April 2017.
• Citi Field Food & Beverage planning and operations
• Citi Field merchandise planning and operations
• Amazin’ Memorabilia program
• Promotions planning and operations
• Citi Field Fanwalk planning and operations
• Citi Field tenant relations
• Inventory control
• Must be at least a Junior in College
• Background in Sports Management, Merchandise, Marketing, Management, Sales, and/or Hospitality Services
• Must be able to work to the end of all Mets home games and other events/promotions as requested
• Must be team-oriented, out-going, extremely motivated and able to work independently.
• Professional demeanor with strong organizational, planning and communication skills.
• Must be extremely flexible and open to learn new skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office software required, with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must be comfortable with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and above
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you proficient in Adobe Photoshop?
2. What excites you about this position?