Developer, Business Intelligence & Analytics
New York MetsFlushing, NY
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for daily and seasonal application development, data collection, standardization, and reporting efforts of the Business Intelligence & Analytics Department.
• Design and develop internal systems and scripts to acquire data that can be used to enhance and automate the business process
• Data reporting and analysis across NY Mets ticketing, sponsorship and marketing departments. Data will include ticket sales information, sponsorship contract details, concessions transactions
• Use SQL queries to retrieve business information, respond to ad hoc requests and write reports using information from our database. Prior knowledge of SQL is a plus
• Explore new data sources that may be helpful to the business process
• Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language such as PHP or Python
• A degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Economics preferred
• Curious self-starter who learns new concepts quickly and conducts independent research of technical subject matter
• Close attention to detail
• An ability to work without immediate supervision
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
• Comfortable being uncomfortable with new skills
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. What excites you about this position?
3. What are your salary expectations for this position (range)?