Assistant, Social Media
New York MetsFlushing, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 8:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assistant, Social Media jobs in Flushing-NY
Search all Assistant, Social Media postings
Full Time Job
Supervisor: Director, Social Media
Location: Citi Field; Flushing, NY
The Assistant, Social Media is responsible for assisting the Director, Social Media in the operations and management of the group’s activities, including all image building and marketing initiatives for the Mets to positively impact business (ticket sales, sponsorship and venue services revenues) and elevate the Mets’ profile in the sports and entertainment marketplace. The ideal candidate is a creative, fun person that has a great understanding of how to successfully use social media to help drive the team’s business goals, while increasing online fan engagement.
The Assistant, Social Media will contribute to the success of the entire creative process and will assist in planning and executing the Mets social media strategy, while achieving department and company goals. Technology geeks, media buffs and followers of sports culture who are well-organized and able to handle an extensive workload are encouraged to keep reading.
• Help manage the Mets social media strategy including but not limited to content planning for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vine, LinkedIn, SnapChat and Google .
• Assist in developing creative content that will increase engagement and interaction.
• Help create and schedule content for all social media platforms.
• Utilize social media tracking tools to produce weekly reports that evaluate the performance and effectiveness of Mets social media campaigns, providing educated recommendations based on these results.
• Monitor and track Mets-related activity across all relevant social media platforms.
• Maintain strong internal relationships with Marketing & Communications team members, creative team members, Ticket Sales, Venue Services, Corporate Sales and IT departments.
• Game day/game night support activities on as-needed basis (clinics, tours, meet and greets, batting practice, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of baseball (bonus if you have a deep understanding of the Mets).
• Ability to shoot, create and produce short socially-sharable videos.
• Communication skills – strong oral and written communication skills, ability to write and speak well.
• Computer skills – Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Excel), Outlook, Windows.
• Organization and multitasking skills – ability to organize information.
• Passion for, and understanding of, leading and emerging social media platforms and analytics.
• Ability to analyze social media data and turn results into actionable information.
• Highly effective internal and external communicator with exceptional oral, written and presentation skills.
• Position requires a minimum of 1-3 years of fulltime workplace experience with proficiencies outlined above.
• Previous internship experience with social media and digital industries with marketing focus and well-versed knowledge of the sports, pop culture and entertainment, multicultural and New York marketplace.
• Social media business experience with established platforms including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vine, LinkedIn and Google .
• Knowledge of baseball and the business of sports.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Working knowledge of photography, digital and still camera equipment and editing software (Lightroom, Photo Mechanic) a plus, but not required.
• BS/BA Degree required. Major or concentration in Communications, Marketing and/or Social Media preferred.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. If someone wrote an article about you, what would the title be?
3. Salary expectations?