Visual Product Designer
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
In the role of visual design lead at Netflix, you will apply your passion for design and storytelling to help reimagine the future of entertainment experiences. You will work closely with a talented team of product designers, product and marketing managers, engineers, creative producers, external agencies and our extensive slate of original content to create visually stunning, engaging, and immersive experiences for millions of Netflix customers around the world.
Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable shaping a long-term strategic vision as they are defining patterns and principles to help the design team extend their impact across the entire Netflix experience globally. You balance a focus on crafting inspirational design solutions with a desire for understanding the definition of success through data, insights, and customer experiences. You're able to provide clear, candid feedback and care immensely about the details. You will have experience designing for a wide range of platforms (mobile, desktop, tv, consoles, etc) and creating solutions that can scale across our diverse set of global markets.
Now is an especially exciting time to join our design team as we reimagine the future of entertainment yet again. If you're ready to add your vision-to imagine an alternate future-this is a rare opportunity. The things you discover and create will have widespread impact.
• Make great work.
• Initiate, lead and define new design projects from concept to completion across member & non-member experiences.
• Collaborate with fellow designers (visual, interactive, motion) and prototypers to help evolve the Netflix design language.
• As an expert storyteller you'll articulate a vision for design through the work you do everyday.
• Working with internal stakeholders and external partners on the holistic Netflix experience.
• Build strong relationships with engineering, product management, user research and marketing partners across all aspects of the Netflix business.
Expected skills and experience
• 12 years of experience in UX/Graphic design.
• Proven leadership and strategic ability.
• Impressive track record of shipping consumer apps.
• Expert written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web/mobile/tv applications.
• An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions.
• Expert eye for detail high-quality creative
• A love of television, film, and entertainment.
• Experience defining, and evolving design systems, from brand and visuals to motion, prototypes and ultimately working with directly engineering partners through launch.
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.