Visual Communications Manager, Originals Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and docs? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action packed stunt sequence get your adrenaline going? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine captivated by the photos?
We are seeking an individual to lead strategic Global publicity campaigns driven by creative materials -photography, featurettes, clips, etc. The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative personality and a strong project management background. The Visual Communications team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: asset creation & global communication strategy. We specialize in capturing and creating photo & video assets that shape, enhance and support our Global publicity campaigns for our Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
This role works across photo and creative content/EPK, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity events as part of the Netflix Originals Publicity team. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They must have a strong project management background and are able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Visual Communications Manager, Originals Publicity.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
of the role include:
• Develop and execute a global strategy, per project/title, to capture, produce and utilize creative material to enhance and support the publicity campaign throughout its lifecycle
• Oversee a slate of projects that include several original series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials
• Drive communication with lead campaign publicist counterpart, marketing/social teams, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
• Hire and oversee unit photographers and video crews, including script and schedule review and communication with production
• Produce strong creative materials that shape and enhance the overall publicity campaign
• Assist with the asset management and servicing of material
• Oversee photography/video needs for premieres, events and photo shoots
• Manage budgets
• 8 years experience at a network or studio
• Strategic thought-partner
• Strong team player
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong eye for producing visual assets
• Experience working with international markets is preferred
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understand and interest in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
• Understand the photography/video industryStrong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice pace and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.