Visual Communications Manager, LATAM
Full Time Job
Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and docs? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action packed stunt sequence get your adrenaline going? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine captivated by the photos?
We are seeking an individual focused on our Latin American business tasked to lead strategic publicity campaigns driven by creative materials - photography, featurettes, clips, etc. The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative personality and a strong project management background. The Visual Communications team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: asset creation & global communication strategy. We specialize in capturing and creating photo & video assets that shape, enhance and support our Global publicity campaigns for our Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
As part of the Netflix publicity team, this role will help to define publicity strategy for every series, film & documentary we promote in Brazil & Southern Latin America. This role works across photo and creative content/EPK, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity events as part of the Netflix Originals Publicity team. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They must have a strong project management background and are able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
This job is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil and reports to the Visual Communications Manager, LATAM based in our Los Angeles office.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
of the role include:
• Prioritize investment levels, establish workflow and develop strategy for a slate of diverse projects that are promoted in LATAM with a concentration on Brazil and Southern Latin America.
• Spearhead and staff publicity events in Brazil & Southern Latin America including junkets, premieres, on set photo/video shoots and special shoots.
• Develop and execute strategic campaigns per project/title, to capture, produce and utilize creative material to enhance and support the publicity campaign throughout its lifecycle. Elements of a campaign include, but are not limited to, the hiring, producing and management of: unit/episodic photography, Netflix owned out-of-character photo shoots, EPK/behind-the-scenes content including talent interviews, featurettes/short form content, pitching sizzles, show/film clips for online debut and appearances, event photo and video production elements including junkets & premieres.
• Drive communication between the LATAM & US teams, key internal cross functional stakeholders, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps.
• Maintain high alignment with the Visual Communications LATAM team in our Los Angeles office.
• Identify and adapt to changing business needs.
• Hire and oversee unit photographers and video crews, including script and schedule review and communication with production.
• Produce strong creative materials that shape and enhance the overall publicity campaign.
• Assist with the asset management and servicing of material.
• Manage budgets.
• 8 years of experience at a network or studio
• Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, and English
• Experience working in Latin America (Specifically in Brazil, and Southern Latin America preferred)
• Management experience preferred
• Strong team player
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong eye for producing visual assets
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understand the photography/video industry
• Knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• International travel is required