Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are excited about our original content expansion as well as the prospects for Netflix globally. It is a great time to join our team and play a key role in our international growth.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax (Manager equivalent at a public accounting firm) reporting to the Manager, Production Tax, to support the day-to-day tax operations of and provide tax planning and structuring support for Netflix's growing studio production business. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international film & television production incentives
• Assist the production finance teams with evaluating and obtaining production incentives (both domestic and international), including providing support throughout the application, audit, and monetization phases
• Provide tax support and advice to the production teams, especially in regards to withholding and indirect taxes
• Coordinate with external advisors and the broader tax compliance and provision teams to review international statutory accounts and tax returns, ensure incentive compliance, and maximize internal utilization
• Work closely with physical production, production finance, treasury, legal and business affairs across all production verticals on various business, tax and incentive planning matters
• Liaise with the content accounting team on financial reporting of the incentives
• Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
• Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation, and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
• We find that individuals who quickly obtained Manager level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you're a Manager or a rising star Senior Tax Associate, we'd love to talk to you!
• 4 to 7 years of experience, including public accounting or industry experience
• JD, CPA, or Masters in Taxation preferred but not required
• Experience in tax issues relating to studio productions preferred
• International tax consulting experience preferred
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.