Senior Manager, Content Acquisition - Brazil
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Content Acquisition - LATAM in the Independent and International Acquisitions Group based in the company's Los Angeles office. The Senior Manager will guide TV & Film programming and acquisitions for Latin American markets, heavily focused on Brazil, with content sourced from non-major studios and regional distributors/producers. S/he will report to the Director of Content Acquisition providing critical support in setting strategy, deal negotiation, execution and management.
The ideal candidate has strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to be highly entrepreneurial in a structured environment. S/he will have a strong background in and comfort with quantitative analytics and financial modeling. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important as s/he will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations to all levels of the organization, as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners.
The Senior Manager, Content Acquisition should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with partners under tight time-frames. S/he is also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for finding great content from all over the world.
• Develop and execute strategy for acquiring global rights to desirable TV & Film programming, sourced from outside the major studios
• Oversee local programming for Brazil (and other Latin American markets) through a deep knowledge of the production landscape - both the creators and the distributors and the ability to identify appealing series early in the lifecycle
• Develop co-production models to gain access to global content rights from producers and regional studios
• Utilize existing relationships with local and regional distributors to enable successful licensing of local content
• Build content pipeline around specific genres and verticals, such as local drama and local stand-up comedy
• Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments)
• Represent acquisition team interests across the company (operations,legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
• Manage and evaluate external accounts through performance tracking and relationship cultivation in an effort to extend/enhance existing deals and identify new opportunities for great programming
• Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment -- locally, in specific markets, and globally, across all territories
• Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills
• Great analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to evaluate content on a creative basis
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and across multiple geographies and time zones
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Docs are a must
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required
• At least 10 years of relevant work experience is required with at least 6 years of negotiation/sales experience
• Prior television, studio, investment banking, management consulting or media-focused technology experience preferred but not required
• Direct knowledge of market-specific players and television programming of Latin American territories, specifically Brazil
• Fluent in Portuguese and English, Spanish a plus.