Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting & Financial Policies
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is in the business of producing and delivering great content people love. In 2017, we expect to have more than 100 ongoing productions, dedicated production facilities and more than $5 billion in content spend. This makes us one of the largest producers and licensors of content in the world. As the media and entertainment business evolves, we rely on our top tier accountants and analysts to provide accurate analysis to support our financial statement disclosures and oversight of our key accounting policies. The Studio Operations team is comprised of very talented individuals that foster a thought-provoking environment in which traditional accounting intersects with industry trends and market analysis. This role will be the lead analyst responsible for monitoring and identifying key data and metrics about our business in support of our key accounting policies.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Accounting and/or consulting background - we'd like you to have 3 years of experience in studio finance, public accounting and/or management consulting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance and/or economics.
• Self-starter - The ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple deliverables and build outstanding cross-functional partnerships with teams in different locations.
• Curiosity & Innovation - constantly ask key questions, perform industry research and make impactful business recommendations.
• Thought leader - create insightful presentations that summarize analysis and articulate conclusions to groups of Netflix managers and executives to influence decision-making.
• Automation & data modeling - ability to test and manipulate massive sets of data to present clear conclusions. Also have the enthusiasm for building systems and make updates to existing systems where necessary.
MORE DETAILS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Based in our Hollywood, CA office, reporting to the Manager, Studio Operations (Content Accounting).
• Cross functional support for Content Accounting, Content Planning and Analysis, Data Engineering and Analytics and Science & Algorithms.
• Prepare and create models to support amortization policy for owned and licensed content.
• Interpret contractual language and identify proper application of existing accounting policies.
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly reporting packages to senior management.
• Prepare/develop metrics and analysis in support of the content accounting team.