Screening Asset Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix expands its global content creation footprint, we are increasing our investment in original content production across multiple content verticals (features, scripted and unscripted series, documentaries, comedies, etc). The Post Production team seeks a Specialist to join us in pioneering new and innovative methods of executing digital screenings.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are seeking an individual to help our teams manage global screening requests. In essence this means devising a workflow & leading the asset creation and technical screening coordination efforts for promotional screenings.
The successful candidate will have an expertise in post production and theatrical screenings. Ideally, this person will have experience working across multiple departments within a global entertainment distributor. Experience working on promotional events (like premieres), where exemplary organisation & flexibility is crucial, is a requirement.
Reporting to the Manager, Screening Technology & Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, coordination and on-site experience for screenings of Netflix original content. We need a team player who is eager to work across departments to establish workflows and best practices, enabling them to plan and execute great screening experiences for creative staff, film and series creators, press, festivals, etc.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work on behalf of Netflix post production with global counterparts to manage requests and creation of screening assets including, but not limited to, DCPs, BluRays, DVDs and digital files.
• Maintain & curate a network of third party post production companies / technical vendors to implement screenings for multiple departments, in multiple countries simultaneously.
• Work with the Netflix PR, Post Production, VFX and Security teams to support the ordering, fulfilling and execution of screening assets.
• Administer scheduling, tracking, and verification of domestic and international deliveries of screening assets to the venues.
• Communicate effectively with various cross functional teams to ensure proper planning, availability and delivery of material.
• Liaise with filmmakers to complete cuts/edits necessary for the creation of screening assets, as well as coordinate the proper QC of a final asset.
• Oversee digital cinema audio/visual engineers responsible for providing technical support for premieres and special screenings.
• Coordinate and oversee the design and execution of large digital cinema installations for premieres and screenings worldwide, which include projection and theater sound systems.
• Support in-house screenings at Netflix facilities.
Experience and Qualifications
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communicator and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Proven experience managing multiple screenings.
- Technical expertise in Projection, DCP creation and knowledge of DCI-Compliance standards
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K, HDR, 2K and Dolby Atmos, 7.1 and 5.1 audio formats as well as best practices for cloud hosted media sharing and collaboration.
- Experience working with marketing/PR/promotional teams/events
- Understanding of how to prioritize, while also remaining agile and able to pivot quickly.
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Strong relationships with outside digital vendors including labs, sound and DI facilities.
- Knowledge of editing or post supervision, including AVID and other NLE systems.
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and technology helpful.
- Knowledge of IT network configuration and data management helpful.
- Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, as well as newer cloud platforms helpful.
- College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills with proactive mentality.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.