Product Designer - Partnerships
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
At Netflix, scaling to connect 100 million people in 190 countries with great movies and tv series requires not only an amazing catalog and great product experiences but also strategic partnerships and integrations to make it easy to access and enjoy Netflix content. We tackle many hard problems that others have not been able to solve and we pay top of market for the most talented designers to shape these experiences and the future of entertainment globally.
In your role leading design for partnership experiences you'll work closely with other designers, product management, engineering, consumer insights, and business development teams to garner a deep understanding of strategic business goals and metrics for success across a range of partnerships. You will have an exacting eye for detail and passion for navigating the complexity each new partnership brings to the table leaving no edge case unexplored and ultimately crafting the holistic narrative for how Netflix is positioned within these partner ecosystems. You will also work directly with partners ranging from ISPs, MVPDs (cable companies), Telecoms, device partners, and a variety of other cross platform partner experiences. Example partners include but are not limited to Apple, Google, Samsung, LG, Microsoft, Sony, DISH and Comcast (USA), Virgin (UK), Telus (Canada), Orange (France), Liberty Global (across Europe), Vodafone, and many others with internet-capable TV set top devices, mobile payment systems, smart TVs, .
High-quality storytelling has universal appeal that transcends borders and our partner story is no different. In this role you will have the opportunity to travel internationally and domestically as you work alongside our Consumer Insights team to learn about challenges people face, across cultures and markets, ultimately making it fast and easy for users to access the content the love on their favorite device.
Expected skills and experience
• 8-10 plus years of interaction design experience
• Proven leadership and ability to think strategically while acting tactically.
• Impressive track record (and portfolio) of shipping consumer experiences
• Expert written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Experienced working with partner integrations, and ideally MVPDs, MSD platforms, and familiarity with Netflix Ready Devices.
• An appreciation and understanding of A/B testing process and comfort using data to inform design decisions.
• Thorough and exacting interaction design skills
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
A few more things you should know:
• When we find the right people, we value them deeply-our compensation, benefits, and culture are hard to beat. We also believe creativity comes from happy, fearless and energetic individuals-so we're serious about a healthy life-work balance and a comfortable, casual environment.
• We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at www.netflix.com/Jobs.