Paralegal, Original Content
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our international efforts have brought Netflix's service and award-winning Originals programming to viewers in over 190 countries. Netflix seeks an experienced paralegal for a position with responsibility for a wide array of production matters related to Netflix's original content initiative. The successful candidate will work with the company's Original Production teams to coordinate, draft and review agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's slate of high-profile series and film projects . This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television. The legal team at Netflix is lean and focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation. The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates, and one who seeks an environment that places thoughtful efficiency over process, yet who knows how to work with organizations or institutions that may not hold the same beliefs.
• The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and at least 5 years of paralegal-level experience in television or film production.
• JD preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Tech-savvy individual, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
• Drafting and reviewing production and third party agreements (e.g., physical production department head agreements; certificates of authorship/engagement; episodic directors agreements; vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements aviation and drone agreements, watercraft agreements; location agreements, stage/facilities leases; lab agreements, and visual effects agreements)
• Drafting forms for use in connection with production related issues
• Assist in preparation of production documents for submission to tax credits applications
• Working with the production, business, risk management, safety, labor, credit, line producers and production personnel regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production
• Work with other members of legal team to help manage deliverables for legal delivery