Originals Creative Producer
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Originals Creative Producer (Korea)
As part of a creative team within the product organization, the Originals Creative Producer is in a unique position to blend the data based A/B testing realm with the highly creative world of Netflix Originals. The Originals Producer position uses both the left and right brain equally and requires a personality and skill set that can easily go from art to science and back again. The Product Creative team creates compelling assets to connect our subscribers to the original Netflix content they love, and also brainstorms, coordinates, and socializes with multiple stakeholder teams to ensure a seamless launch on a global scale.
This is your chance to help transform how Netflix Korean Originals are presented, consumed and perceived by 100 million members across 190 countries with a focus on local Korean content for Netflix's dynamic and innovative platform. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of this effort.
This role is based in Netflix's Hollywood office.
The Originals Creative Producer is responsible for launching Netflix original shows, series, and movies on the Netflix streaming service; overseeing the lifespan of a show from ideation to product deployment across multiple platforms. You will leverage content, marketing, PR, social campaign elements, product strategy and testing to create a suite of valuable assets to surprise and delight our 100M Netflix subscribers.
Success is not only based on creating the most varied and visually stimulating cache of assets but also coordinating across numerous internal and external stakeholder groups; being able to form close relationships with various groups within Netflix is just as critical as with Korean and global studio/showrunner partners. You'll create strong partnerships with creative directors, agencies, studios and other cross-functional teams to define the creative look and feel of a title which can travel internationally-telling a story through static artwork, motion, graphics and video elements. Garnering a extremely deep understanding of product strategy will be inherent to your success as well.
• Write a creative strategy based on data and insights from partner teams
• Work cross-functionally to source, direct, and create compelling imagery and motion assets
• Collaborate with agencies, graphic designers, motion designers, and art directors to elevate the creative and enhance content discovery across multiple titles across different genres
• Clearly understand product priorities and be able to distinguish them from marketing priorities
• Create project schedules, effectively managing timelines from conception through successful launch and beyond, communicating milestones to key stakeholders.
• Continue to proactively learn about product creative strategy and also be able to educate cross-functional partners and internal team members on the latest product developments
• Build and strengthen partner relationships as liaison to studio partners, PR, Marketing, Product, Content Operations, Content Acquisition, Content Platform Engineering and Legal teams
• Manage artwork localization and global branding of titles
• Reviewing artwork performance metrics, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative
• Work with engineers to determine the best tools or modifications to current tools to improve workflow
• Access reporting tools to analyze asset performance
• Conceptualize A/B test hypotheses against the current workflow
• Looking above the horizon to understand the big picture of what Netflix is trying to achieve and spearhead new tests and projects
• Fluency in speaking and writing in both Korean and English
• 7 years in a creative digital environment. Entertainment and/or gaming experience is a plus.
• Have International experience, preferably have spent time living and working in South Korea.
• Awareness of global/local content trends within the market is a plus.
• Exemplary organizational skills with a disciplined approach to project management.
• Ability to create clear, effective briefs grounded in data and insights
• Great interpersonal skills with ability to voice opinions and give feedback.
• Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and image production workflow.
• Prior project management, team leadership, or creative agency campaign supervision experience.
• The soft skills to be able to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking, and also to accept feedback on ideas and work product.
• Experience using a Digital Asset Management system or similar tools to propagate and track assets through an operational workflow.
• Understanding and eye for great visual design and the ability to translate design specs into finalized assets.
• Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
• Ability to travel to our headquarters in Northern California for collaboration at least 2x per month.
• Using metrics and testing for more informed creative.
• Healthy interactions with marketing teams, creative agency, and/or production house, as well as familiarity with studio/network campaigns or entertainment branding.
• Excel as an individual contributor with global purview.