Manager, Visual Communications - Originals Publicity
NetflixBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Do you eagerly await the first glimpse at the new season of your favorite show?
Does going behind-the-scenes of an action packed stunt sequence get your adrenaline going?
Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine looking only at the photos?
Here at Netflix we've build a team that specializes in capturing and creating photo and video materials to shape, enhance and support publicity campaigns for Netflix original content.
We are seeking an individual to lead and manage a small group of stunning colleagues tasked with formulating and implementing strategic publicity campaigns driven by creative materials. The Manager will play a crucial role in developing a team of high performing publicity professionals. In this role you will work across photo and creative content/EPK utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity events as part of the Netflix originals publicity team.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to think like a publicist. You must strategically plan and execute on multiple projects at once while being extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator and a team player in a fast-paced environment. You must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their team members to do the same.
This job is based in Beverly Hills and reports to the Manager, Visual Communications - Originals Publicity.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Oversee a small number of direct reports as part of the larger global Visual Communications team
• Prioritize investment level, establish workflow and develop strategy for a slate of projects including several original series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials
• Drive communication with lead campaign publicist, key internal cross functional stakeholders including regional counterparts, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
• Develop and execute strategic campaigns utilizing elements of visual communication
• Elements of a campaign include, but are not limited to, the hiring, producing and management of: unit/episodic photography, Netflix owned out of character photo shoots, EPK/behind-the-scenes content including talent interviews, featurettes/short form content, pitching sizzles, show/film clips for online debut and appearances, event photo and video production elements including junkets, premieres and awards panels/activity
• Manage budgets
Skills and Requirements:
• 8 years experience at a network or studio
• Experience managing and growing a team
• Strong team player
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong eye for producing visual assets
• Experience working with international markets is preferred
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understand and interest in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargos
• Understand the photography/video industry
• Knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Creative - Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator - Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed - Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A Smart Minimalist - Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace - Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
• Integrity - Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
• An Adult - Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.