Manager, Social Media
NetflixBeverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/11/2016 5:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Social Media jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Manager, Social Media postings
Full Time Job
Narcos, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Master of None are just a handful of the shows, films, docs and comedies streaming on Netflix. As our slate continues to grow, we're looking for a Social Media Manager to run social campaigns on behalf of Netflix series, documentary, film and comedy titles.
At Netflix, we use social media to build entertainment brands. We take a long term view and invest in social fandom, versus constantly telling people what and when to watch. We build global fan communities because we believe that a Jessica Jones fan in Argentina has more in common with a Jessica Jones fan in Germany than the House of Cards viewer next door. Our approach is to make news headlines and drive word of mouth through innovative campaigns and quick response all year long, versus pushing out a constant content calendar.
The manager will follow show and film campaigns from start to finish, beginning with project announcement, moving through the production process, to launch and beyond, keeping our brands vibrant all year long. As a global company operating in over 190 countries, this role requires a lot of international collaboration as you partner closely with our regional social teams and find ways to get the world talking about what's new to Netflix.
We're looking for someone with:
• A passion for social media and good judgment about what captures people's attention and gets people talking
• As we often measure ourselves on our ability to drive positive news coverage, experience in PR or editorial disciplines and skill in understanding what drives a news story is helpful
• A creative disposition. This is first and foremost a creative job. The manager works directly with agencies, and is responsible for the creative output on a given social campaign
• Experience working with the social networks to identify opportunities for innovation
• A collaborative nature. In a discipline that sits at the nexus of marketing and PR, the manager will work closely with cross functional partners on their slate of titles
• Confidence working with talent and filmmakers. Our managers educate talent on our social strategy and build relationships with show staff to bring ideas to life
• A minimum 7 years experience working in social media marketing or related disciplines
• A little bit of je ne sais quoi. Our team is diverse. With a mix of backgrounds including journalism, video production, digital marketing, PR, brand, entertainment, social news, and agency experience, we're always looking for people that add to the broader team's skill set
If you are inspired by the Netflix Freedom and Responsibility Culture, and you love movies and TV, this could be a great fit.