Manager, Production - Original Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Manager for Physical Production to help oversee Netflix Original Films on self-managed productions. Responsibilities include creating, implementing and overseeing feature production plans from early pre-production to wrap; working with the Netflix creative, finance, business affairs, and production support teams to help facilitate production; identifying and hiring line producers and key crew, fostering relationships with vendors and facilities, reviewing budgets and schedules, and supporting/suggesting best practices for feature production. This position will report to the current Managers of Physical Production.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 104 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities simultaneously. Strong organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail are a must. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and who able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate. It is essential for this candidate to work cross-functionally with a genuine sense of transparency and collaboration.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with filmmakers to prepare, vet, and implement viable and efficient schedules, budgets, and production plans for original feature films.
• Participate in the creation and assessment of content from development through delivery.
• Collaborate with Production Finance, Business Affairs, Legal, Creative, VFX, Post, and ancillary production support teams.
• Track and maintain production related costs; regularly review and assess cost reports.
• Develop and foster relationships with producing partners and third parties.
• Problem-solve logistical and financial challenges alongside freelance crews throughout the course of production.
• Attend tech scouts, production meetings, and production sets as needed.
• Update internal teams on financial and logistical issues regarding feature productions.
• Negotiate and/or approve key department heads; recommend high level crew and creative talent for each production.
• Liaise with production vendors and stage/construction/storage facilities to accommodate production and creative needs of each film.
• 5 Years experience as a Production Executive or Production Supervisor/UPM. Management in both freelance and staff capacities preferred. Candidates will likely be at the VP level or equivalent outside of Netflix.
• Familiarity with production budget, schedules, and logistical procedures on feature films with budgets ranging from $15M to $100M .
• Adept at multitasking within a fast paced environment while supervising several projects in various phases of production simultaneously.
• Team-player who operates selflessly in a highly collaborative setting.
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide.
• Ability to respond after hours for important or urgent matters.
• Willingness to travel internationally where needed.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Desire to develop, question, and evolve approach to productions, and the show/studio relationship.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling preferred.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think outside the box.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.