Manager, Global Social Marketing - Unscripted
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
From the ''Real Housewives'' to ''Survivor,'' unscripted TV and talk programming have permeated the cultural zeitgeist across the globe -- making ''table flip,'' ''sashay away,'' and ''Carpool Karaoke'' household phrases. Just as Netflix Originals like ''Stranger Things'' and ''Orange is the New Black'' have become massive global hits, we are developing similar global franchises in unscripted and talk show programming. From our new David Letterman talk show to the ''Queer Eye'' reboot, our slate of Netflix Originals in this genre is growing rapidly.
We're looking for a Global Social Marketing Manager to run social campaign strategy exclusively for our new unscripted titles. Our candidate should be a big-picture thinker with a passion for pop culture and an understanding of how a single ''side eye'' moment can fuel buzz from the U.S. to Europe and beyond… those moments are universal and can create a global fandom. We all have ''guilty pleasure'' TV shows -- this candidate will turn those guilty pleasures into relatable and shareable moments. The manager will conceptualize and execute social campaigns from start to finish.
We're looking for someone who:
• Is a reality and unscripted TV junkie and has an understanding of the major players in the genre. Have you worked on a set before? Even better!
• Has a creative disposition. This is first and foremost a creative job. The manager works directly with agencies and is responsible for the creative output on a social campaign.
• Can re-think audience engagement for competition reality shows, especially when it comes to the binge audience
• Has a proven record of establishing and maintaining relationships with top talent, producers, and show staff.
• Utilizes insights and data to make informed decisions about the trajectory of a campaign.
• Has an understanding that the best social campaigns create buzz, not only on social, but also in the media and beyond.
• Is passionate about developing and maintaining a fan community.
• Has the ability to adapt and shift with an always-changing social and TV landscape.
• Must be able to work cross functionality between departments like marketing, public relations and product -- it's essential to the success of a campaign.
• Has a minimum of 6 years experience.
• Is inspired by the Netflix Culture and values, and is a self starter who can do innovative work without direct oversight