Manager, Global Creative Marketing - Documentary And Unscripted
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you have a genuine affinity, love and appreciation for documentaries and unscripted TV? Do docs and reality shows often supersede narrative films and popular television series on your ''Must Watch List''? Are you interested in breathing new life into your marketing campaigns and taking new approaches? If so, you may just be the perfect candidate to join our originals marketing team, working on original documentary content and unscripted series.
The Manager will lead the development and launch of innovative marketing campaigns across a diverse range of Original Documentary and Unscripted Content. The manager will report to the Director of Originals Marketing.
We seek a unique person who...
• Is passionate about documentaries and reality TV - and positioning them for success in the consumer marketplace
• Has a track record of building world-class creative and launching global campaigns for premium entertainment properties that connected with our audiences and created fervent hysteria leading up to launch day and beyond
• Has led 360 strategy and creative launch campaigns, including AV/trailers, digital/social, print, television and OOH
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on video, display, rich media and social, but has the ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium
• Has a good understanding of marketing and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns
• Appreciates technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns within the member product experience
• Is a connoisseur of trailers, key art, social media and the 30s TV spot
• Knows how to optimize AV creative for effective digital use
• Is adept at writing creative briefs to guide the marketing creative process and align internal marketing teams on goals and strategies
• Can manage the workflow and timelines of creative marketing asset development for distribution to internal/external teams
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• 4-8 years experience working at a entertainment marketing department, digital / social agency or creative agency working on Strategy and Digital/Print/AV Creative.
• Strong communication and analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a reasonable appreciation for the unknown
• A desire to thrive in our unique company culture is a must
• Excellent taste and a great sense of humor
• Prior project management, team leadership experience or agency management
• A proactive sensibility, but also organized enough to prioritizeInternational experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
• Profound love of documentaries, reality TV, movies, and television