Manager, Digital Assets And Delivery
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix expands its global content creation footprint, we are increasing our investment in original content production across multiple content verticals (features, scripted and unscripted series, documentaries, comedies, etc). The Post Production team seeks a Manager to join us in pioneering new and innovative methods of managing digital production assets and delivery.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 93 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Manager, Post Production Delivery & Assets supports Netflix Post Production and Visual Effects teams and helps improve the flow of media from remote productions into the studio archive.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in managing a team to direct the flow of assets from productions to Netflix's streaming platform, shared workspaces and archive.
• Coordinate between Netflix engineering team, Post & VFX teams, and content creators to ensure optimal functionality of Netflix's cloud hosted delivery platform.
• Work with productions and vendor partners to ensure network connectivity and collaborative infrastructure for post workflows.
• Work with Post Production and Engineering teams on long term solutions to support management of digital assets, including manage and refine delivery specifications for archive across Productions.
• Work with post production teams and partner with IT Production Support to ensure successful on-boarding of shows and personnel into Netflix systems, and on-going operational support
• Liaise with post production teams and vendors to track productions as they move into delivery stage, and assist in scheduling and prioritizing upload to Content Hub of archive digital assets swiftly, accurately and securely.
• Liaise with post production teams to assist in scheduling and prioritizing delivery of physical production assets to Iron Mountain, maintaining accurate inventory.
• Liaise with localization, distribution and marketing internal Netflix partners and vendors to ensure smooth and secure distribution of assets as required.
• Manage financial aspects of delivery to archive.
• Manage incident response to technical and logistical issues related to delivery.
Experience and Qualifications
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communicator and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing post production delivery for film and television projects.
- Strong relationships with outside digital vendors including labs, sound and DI facilities.
- Background in editing or supervision, including AVID and other NLE systems required.
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and technology helpful.
- Knowledge of IT network configuration and data management helpful.
- Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, as well as newer cloud platforms helpful.
- College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills with proactive mentality.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.