Manager, Content Acquisition - Anime
Full Time Job
Netflix is recruiting for a Manager of Content Acquisition based in the company's Tokyo office. The Manager will be a key member of the team licensing content both archive and new releases from major studios, networks, local production companies and independent producers/distributors for digital streaming in Japan with a particular focus on anime. S/he will report to the Director of Content Acquisition providing critical support in deal negotiation, execution and management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in anime licensing and deep familiarity with anime development and industry. In addition the candidate will require strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important as s/he will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations to all levels of the organization as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners. The Manager, Content Acquisition should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working under tight timeframes. S/he is also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments)
• Represent acquisitions team interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
• Manage and evaluate external accounts through performance tracking and relationship cultivation in an effort to grow each account's business
• Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment in each international territory
• Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
• Great analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google docs are a must
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS required. At least 5 years of work experience is required with at least 2 years of negotiation/sales experience. Prior studio, investment banking, management consulting or media-focused technology experience and international experience are preferred but not required.