Finance Operations - Apac Marketing
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time for Netflix with our continued international expansion and the roll-out of our original series; it's a great time to join our team. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are looking for a finance professional to support our Marketing and PR teams in APAC (including Japan) with finance operations. You will be based in Singapore but will work cross-functionally across many time zones with our US and International offices, and will require a flexible worker for the role.
In this role, you will:
• Communicate with the APAC Marketing and PR teams to obtain an understanding of services being procured from our vendors and the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Obtain, review and summarise vendor agreements.
• Set-up purchase orders (PO's) in our accounting system to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
• Work with the marketing planning and analysis (MP&A) team to track actual spending to budget. Understand, communicate and explain variances.
• Manage vendors by working with Accounts Payable to ensure vendors are set-up and paid in a timely basis and resolve any billing issues.
• Own the month-end close process to ensure that any unbilled service accruals are accurately captured.
• Drive operational process improvements.
We want someone who is:
• Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
• A great communicator that can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
• Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
• Intellectually curious.
• Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner.
• A team-player; always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency.
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• 4 years of relevant experience
• Degree in relevant field
• Fluent in English; helpful additional languages include Japanese, Korean, Mandarin
• Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Understanding of US GAAP
• Passion for Marketing/PR
• Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• Frequent travel may be required