Director, Social Media
NetflixBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Social Media - Netflix Originals
Making a Murderer, Marvel's Daredevil, and Master of None are just a handful of the shows, films, docs and comedies streaming on Netflix. Whether you think Steven Avery did it or not, we're looking for a Director of Social Media to lead a team of social campaign managers across a broad slate of titles.
At Netflix, we use social media to build entertainment brands. We take a long term view and invest in social fandom, versus constantly telling people what and when to watch. We build global fan communities because we believe that a Jessica Jones fan in Argentina has more in common with a Jessica Jones fan in Germany than the Kimmy Schmidt fan living next door. Our approach is to make news headlines and drive word of mouth through innovative campaigns and quick response all year long, versus pushing out a constant content calendar.
The Director will play a crucial role in developing a team of high performing social professionals, while also shaping campaigns for some of the world's most-watched shows. As a global company operating in over 190 countries, this strategic, senior-level role requires close partnership with our regional leaders to find ways to get the world talking about what's new to Netflix.
We're looking for someone with:
• Deep social media experience and a passion for what captures people's attention and gets people talking
• As we often measure ourselves on our ability to drive positive news coverage, experience in a PR or editorial disciplines and skill in understanding what drives a news story
• Strong relationships with the social networks
• A keen creative sensibility. This person will serve as the creative beacon for the team and need to challenge the managers to avoid the expected and push the limits of what's possible
• Demonstrated skill in managing people, high EQ and a command presence
• A strong collaborative nature. In a discipline that sits at the nexus of marketing and PR, the director will need to build and maintain relationships with senior marketing, PR and content staff
• Confident with talent and filmmakers. Our winning candidate will educate talent on our social strategy, build relationships with showrunners, and set the stage for the working relationship at start-of-production meetings
• At least ten years of experience working in social media and related disciplines
If you are inspired by the Netflix Freedom and Responsibility Culture, and you love TV and movies, it could be a good fit. Seriously, though, do you think he did it???