Director, Partner Marketing - Japan
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix has grown to over 100 million members across the globe. With that we have a group of fervent fans that are genuinely engaged in our brand and content. To that end we're continually growing this important area of the business and looking for talented leaders with expertise in this exciting space.
Reporting to the VP Marketing, Japan, the Director of Partner Marketing will be responsible for maximising the impact of the marketing relationships with our most important ecosystem partners. Our partners range from MVPDs and Telcos to retailers, device and OS partners and include brands like Bic Camera, Softbank, Apple, Google, Toshiba, Sharp and Sony. Working closely with other partner facing teams like Business Development and Partner Device Engagement (technical relationship management), and regional business and marketing leaders at Netflix, the successful candidate will build, own and execute the strategy title-driven awareness of the Netflix brand and high priority IP, grow subscribers and extract value from our partnerships through marketing programs that are jointly created and launched with our partner ecosystem.
In this role, we seek a marketing professional who has deep experience managing and growing relationships, leading a team of individual contributors, building and implement a strategic approach and owning the full life cycle of partner marketing campaigns from idea to execution to analysis. This role requires strong strategic insight and creative thinking, the drive and ownership to push for results, and the professionalism and relationship savvy to lead conversations with C-level executives, both internally and externally. The ability to blend the art and science of marketing will be critical in this role, as is mixing elements of media efficiency and the analytics of key business drivers with crafting engaging creative and big integrated ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Own and oversee the marketing relationship with all partners in Japan.
• Work closely with the business development team to provide seamless support to partners.
• Be responsible for Netflix brand positioning and representation / usage of wholly owned Netflix and studio content in partner campaigns.
• Expertly manage and balance partner goals and initiatives with ours and activate deals by developing and launching creative partner marketing programs that advance exposure for Netflix content or the brand in a way that also benefits our partners.
• Drive integration between broader content and brand programs at Netflix and our strategic partners.
• Work closely with internal product and business development teams to identify opportunities to maximize Netflix exposure on partner marketing channels and engagement on partner devices.
• Create/execute partner marketing strategy with new partners / categories.
• Help to define the overall Netflix marketing strategy with the leadership team.
• Leading cross-functional teams to define and execute innovative ideas.
• Represent Japan marketing among internal constituents across multiple orgs.
• Be creative! Develop effective, but blue sky campaigns to activate with our partners.
• Think of new and unique ways to extend our marketing programs via our partner relationships.
• Natural partner engagement skills with the ability to develop rapport and translate established partner relationships to programs that impact the business.
• Experience and palpable passion for building great content marketing programs that are unique and scalable.
• An ability to effectively provide input on creative development from a local market perspective.
• Experience working in an environment that has internal product and business development teams in a way that embraces individual momentum rather than process driven group thinking.
• Strong level of independence and efficiency while maintaining a high-degree of organization.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and drive results with the biggest partners, while still giving love to, and doing great co-marketing with smaller partners
• Work independently with minimal direction, move fast, and make things happen, all without getting bogged down in process.
• Work hard to stay aligned internally while we're all running at 100 mph.
• Help with all the heavy lifting; collaborate with and lead other teams to ensure ideas are seen through to implementation
• Have key, demonstrable experience leading and driving partner marketing programs with other notable brands, preferably in entertainment.
• Fluent in English and Japanese