Diligence And Production Immigration Counsel
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's a thrilling time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. With over 100 Million subscribers, edgy original programming, and all the kombucha you can drink, working at Netflix is more exciting than ever. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as the milestones we will achieve in the future.
Netflix is seeking a Diligence and Production Immigration Counsel to be part of the Labor team within Content Legal. In a culture that supports judgment and innovation as a key competency, this position will have the responsibility of managing and overseeing diligence for the Unscripted team and immigration for all production teams (Series, Film, Docs, Unscripted, Kids, International Originals, etc.).
• Overseeing diligence for our unscripted programming, including review of background checks, medical exams, and psychological evaluations for show participants and crew; managing and sourcing vendors; maintaining databases to help keep all teams aligned; and keeping a constant flow of communication with third-party production partners and internal stakeholders.
• End-to-end global immigration support for all Netflix productions, including liaising with outside counsel, third-party production partners, and talent managers; preparing and reviewing immigration documents; and advising key internal stakeholders throughout the visa journey.
• We are focused on efficiency and serving the needs of production. Part of that means evolving with the business as it grows exponentially, which will require you to establish innovative processes and workflows and identify areas for improvement.
• As Diligence and Production Immigration Counsel you will be a part of the production and pre-production process, working with internal business and external vendor partners to assess and recommend strategic approaches for diligence and immigration.
• We are on an exciting growth journey which involves and expanding slate of international productions. You will be part of a team who works together to understand the immigration requirements in the various countries, sourcing new vendors, and educating cross-functional partners on the requirements and regulations in these countries.
To be successful:
• You've done this before. Meaningful experience with global immigration and/or diligence at a network/studio.
• You regularly exercise great judgment and can articulate sound reasoning for your decisions.
• You have strong attention to detail and an ability to work well with changing information
• You possess excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
• You are effective and concise in your communications
• You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• You are resourceful and take initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.