Cue Sheet Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks an experienced Cue Sheet Specialist to help support our expanding slate of Originals content.
In this unique and exciting role, you will have responsibility over vital components of our music cue sheet and music administration processes and have visibility into all facets of our music business. As a cue sheet expert, you know exactly what it takes to use music in a production and you understand the significance of synchronization licenses, publishing splits and PRO information. You have mastered the art of cue sheet preparation and in your view, there is no cue sheet data that is too small or insignificant. You know the difference between CISAC and SESAC. You know how to review a synchronization license for pertinent cue sheet information and are effective in aligning music supervisors, music editors and other production personnel to deliver proper cue sheet data and oversee timely and accurate cue sheet creation and delivery. Your thorough understanding of why cue sheets matter results in a keen attention to detail and accuracy that you impart to everyone involved in the music production process. On your watch, it is not acceptable for splits to add up to less or more than 100%, for PRO information to be lacking, or for timing or publisher fields to be incomplete or incorrect. Any discrepancies do not last long as you are the first to spot them and solve them. While you may be an expert at Rapid Cue and know who to contact at the PROs to discuss cue sheet matters, your command of this area means you realize there are alternate forms of cue sheet collection and you always strive for better and more efficient ways to administer and deliver cue sheets. In this role you would actively contribute to cue sheet innovation to help shape our cue sheet administration and delivery strategy.
The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates (http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664), and one who seeks an environment that places thoughtful efficiency over process yet knows how to work with organizations or institutions who may not hold the same beliefs.
This role is based in Netflix's Los Angeles office and reports to the Coordinator, Music and Cue Sheet Administration of the Music Group, part of the Business & Legal Affairs team at Netflix. The Music Group is based in Los Angeles, London and Berlin and is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix Originals through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally.
• Preparing, processing, administering and submitting cue sheets for our compelling Originals programming, including reviewing, editing, correcting and, if needed, preparing cue sheets, and maintaining and improving our cue sheet database
• Timely and efficient review and entry of cue sheet data
• Liaising and coordinating with foreign sub-publishers and working directly with music publishers and performing rights societies to timely submit cue sheets and resolve discrepancies
• Supporting the administration of Netflix's music assets (master recordings and music publishing)
• Participating in other projects specific to Netflix's music needs
• The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and 5 - 7 years of music cue sheet experience, preferably in the music department at a film/television studio, television network or major production company. Knowledge of the music clearance process for recordings and publishing is a plus
• Mastery of RapidCue but ability and desire to work with other cue sheet platforms and formats
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail
• Clear, concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment
• Highly collaborative with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas
• Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed and tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Tech-savvy individual proficient in Gmail and Google Docs with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment