Coordinator, Ucan Original Series Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest TV shows and films across different platforms? Are you eager? Is there truly no task too big or too small? We may have just the opportunity for the right person to join our originals publicity team.
It's the chance to work with a team that is transforming television through quality series that launch worldwide, and an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch any time, on any device. With popular series such as House of Cards, Ozark, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things and many more, Netflix has grown to more than 100 million streaming members in 190 countries -- and counting. With more incredible series on the way and continued international expansion, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing originals publicity team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. We are looking for someone who wants to help innovate in the coordinator role and help us work better and faster. The work could include but is not limited to: initiating a set of best practices; assisting with talent itineraries and interview schedules; communicating with outside representatives across our titles; working closely with the media to pitch our shows and facilitate interview requests; supporting junket, premiere and press day activations including talent handling; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; tracking top press coverage on key titles; updating various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive; and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is:
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of television, film and pop culture.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Originals Publicity will have at least three years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting. She/he will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media. The role is global, so some international experience is a bonus but not a deal breaker.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.