Coordinator, Physical Production Docs & Comedy
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator, Production to help manage both internal and third party co-productions from an originals physical production perspective on a full range of unscripted programming from multi-cam talk shows to docu-reality follow to competition. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre production through delivery. This position will report in to the Director of Physical Production in Hollywood. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our global original unscripted programming.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members worldwide. With continued international expansion and a move into original production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner produced co-productions
• Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high quality production staff and crew
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools and resources.
• Update and maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel
• Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios in the US and abroad
• Production budget review and analysis
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• BA/BS Degree
• 5 Years experience with long form production management both in the field and on a network level for series. Candidates will likely be at the Manager or equivalent outside of Netflix
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Eco System (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive) and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.