Coordinator, Original Documentary Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/10/2017 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Coordinator, Original Documentary Publicity jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Original Documentary Publicity postings
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment and film, do you have a passion for documentaries? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and documentaries across different platforms? Are you eager? Is there truly no task too big or too small? We may have just the opportunity for the right person to join our originals publicity team as part of the growing Original Documentary team.
It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that will handle documentary films and series for the online leader, changing the perception of how docs should be enjoyed and celebrated.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 93 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion, and increased acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing originals documentary team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: assisting in scheduling and coordinating high volume of conference calls with external partners; helping to staff and coordinate assets for publicity events, press junkets and film festival screenings; maintaining the originals publicity press site, managing additions/approvals to site and managing the addition of all assets to press site (including screeners); servicing clips to media outlets; creating and maintaining various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive; liaising with the team that translates press releases for worldwide use and local agencies for distribution as well as other cross-functional teams; assisting in the preparation of internal and external presentations; booking a high volume of talent travel, creating itineraries for travel and carefully tracking costs; and interfacing with filmmakers and talent reps.
The successful candidate is:
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Has a point of view; an independent thinker who has sound judgement and is willing to express thoughts and ask questions
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Creative and has the ability to think innovatively
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously and says it like it is; not wrapped up in political niceties
• A rabid fan of television, film and pop culture
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Originals Publicity will have at least two to three years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting. The role is global so some international experience is a bonus but not a deal breaker.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.