Coordinator, Events - Originals Publicity
NetflixBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment - film, TV, music? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest content across different platforms? Do you pay attention to how the publicity and promotional campaigns are structured and roll out in support of films and TV shows? Do you have at least two years experience in events? And if yes, do you love every freaking second of it? Have you checked out our culture deck? Please do so. If you are intrigued, we may have an opportunity for you.
It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that handles events for Netflix publicity -- across film and television. It's a chance to support the team that is strategizing and executing against the bigger promotional campaign for high quality content. Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 81 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
The events coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: working with coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better; supporting junket, festival, premiere and various other event activations; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; updating various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive; helping to coordinate the invite process; trafficking creative and screening asset requests; keeping an eye on the ever-changing events landscape industry-wide, and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is:
• Proactive. They don't need to be nudged or reminded about their tasks and responsibilities.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Confident and able to express ideas and point of view thoughtfully and with passion.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps, vendors and internal executives.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• Comfortable working with high-level talent and executives.
The successful candidate for Events Coordinator, Originals Publicity will have at least two to three years of events entertainment experience. They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media. The role is global so some international experience is a bonus but not a deal breaker.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.