Consumer PR Manager - Poland & CEE
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to be joining the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. We have moved from being a distributor to a programmer; from being a tech company to a serious player in the entertainment landscape; from a domestic outfit to a company with global presence and from a brand that markets price value to one that talks about the joy of watching. That's where you come in.
The Consumer PR Manager will be responsible to drive the consumer media strategy for Poland and broader CEE region in building general awareness and understanding of Netflix and our catalogue to our consumer audiences through compelling storytelling. Working in a cross-functional approach with the different team like, Corporate/Tech PR, Publicity, Marketing and Social. The role has strong interaction with teams both in the US and Europe, and a high level of visibility and impact within the business.
Successful candidates should be able to craft strategies and manage execution of PR campaigns, to target specific consumer audiences to ultimately create excitement and brand awareness. Experience managing an agency or a team within an agency is a must. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in entertainment brands (cinema, broadcast, games) or lifestyle brands. Knowing the insides of the media landscape in the different regions is of crucial importance.
• PR strategy: The Consumer PR Manager will craft strategies to target specific consumer audiences to ultimately create excitement and brand awareness in Poland and the broader CEE region markets.
• Campaign management: Organizes, summarizes, clarifies and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately - both internally and to the agencies we partner with. Is on top of things, can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes. Will always keep things simple - knows that global communications can be made complex and will resist and prevent that. Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
• Netflix ambassador: This role is critical to help Netflix understand the different consumers in the different regions. At the same time yourself having such understanding and excitement for our content and service, that leads to being an amazing Netflix ambassador through compelling, meaningful and insightful storytelling.
• Knowledge on landscape: Knowing the insides of the on and offline media landscape and consumer audiences in (majority of) the different countries is of crucial importance. We are looking for someone that understands consumers in the different markets with a focus on driving customer acquisitions and how not only build strategy but also execute flawlessly.
• Bias for action: With the right context, we expect you to act autonomously and take decisions on the different PR activations in the markets. We are looking for someone that knows how and when, to take risks.
• Depth of knowledge: Experience managing an agency or a team within an agency. Being able to seek and use wider business context for decision making, putting it into perspective of Consumer PR and doing what's right for Netflix.
• Concise and clear communication: Fluent in English and Polish is preferred. Any other additional language is a plus. Is candid and direct, not wrapped up in political incites. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every answer.
• Travel: travel in the European region with frequent trips to the US.
The Manager reports to the Director, Europe Media Relations