Business And Legal Affairs, Kids And Family Programming
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks an experienced business and legal affairs attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development, production and acquisition of Netflix's kids and family programming. The successful candidate will work with the company's Kids and Family Programming Content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's original kids series and films, as well as license programming from a wide array of domestic and international content providers. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our developing kids programming strategy and make decisions that have both business and legal impacts. The successful candidate will have extensive business and legal affairs experience in children's programming, both live action and animation, and be willing to handle projects from beginning to end. The Kids and Family team is behind a variety of programming such as Trollhunters, Free Rein, True and the Magic Kingdom and the upcoming The Magic School Bus Rides Again.
The successful candidate will have at least six years of business and legal affairs experience, preferably in kids and family programming for a major network or studio. Confidence and expertise in development and production, including structuring and negotiating above-the-line talent agreements, along with strong drafting skills are a must. Experience in animation and film along with content licensing experience is a plus, but not required.
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.