Associate, Content Strategy & Analysis
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With Netflix service and award-winning Originals content in more than 190 countries, we continue to change entertainment around the world. With over 100 million members and a content budget of $6B in 2017, we continue to look for the best and brightest to lead the analytics that drive strategic business decisions.
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its Hollywood-based team. This team develops strategic insights to further the company's global content acquisition efforts, with a specific focus on content valuation, programming strategy and analytics, industry intelligence and the management of our global content investment model. The team is highly visible across the company and in particular to the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights from the Content Strategy & Analysis team to inform important business decisions across the company.
This role will reside in Netflix's new Hollywood office.
• The Associate position will work closely with both the Manager and Director of Content Strategy & Analysis. The role will be an integral member of the Content Strategy & Analysis team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team.
• A sample of work could include:
- Preparing valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing etc.) to support our deal teams in their negotiations with the owners of digital content rights.
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis.
- Ownership of communications to support our budgeting and forecasting process, as well as monitoring and forecasting for key parts of the content business.
- Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of Netflix managers and executives to influence decision-making.
- Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 2-5 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
• Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel skills.
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance.
• Perfect fit for someone looking for 2-3 years of experience before moving on to business or graduate school.