Unit Manager/Production Specialist
National GeographicWashington, DC
Full Time Job
National Geographic Partners, Washington DC office seeks a Full Time Unit Manager/Production Specialist position to work specifically on the Nat Geo WILD network. The Unit Manager reports directly to a Production Manager and work as a team to manage all assigned 3rd party production companies and shows for approximately 200 hours of network programming. Key responsibilities include drafting and finalizing contract attachments, tracking deliverables and schedule changes and liaising with various internal departments on day to day production related needs.
• Manage deliverables and production schedules for approximately 200 hours of original programming with at least 40 third party production companies worldwide
• Liaise with internal and external production teams around the world to draft, negotiate and finalize deliverables and contract attachments for newly assigned programming.
• Provide production partners with all technical specs, clock and credit requirements and advise on all NG Partners technical and business standard operating guidelines.
• Ensure productions stay on schedule, proactively track and take receipt of program deliverables in NatGeo systems & notify internal departments on delivery and schedule changes throughout production.
• Facilitate internal departments' ancillary asset requests and delivery from various internal National Geographic Partners business units.
• Update and maintain production status in NGC systems and reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred with a minimum of (2) two years of production experience working as a Production Coordinator, Unit Manager and/or Associate Producer on original productions for broadcast networks.
• Working knowledge of production and post-production processes and logistics in addition to familiarity with broadcaster deliverables.
• Highly proficient with PCs using Excel, Microsoft Word and File Maker Pro and customized data entry software.
• Quickly adapts to learning new technology, software and systems.
• Detail oriented multi-tasker who is self-motivated, strong time management skills and go with the flow work ethic.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are essential.
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between National Geographic and 21st Century Fox, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 129 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching over 730 million people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.