National Geographic PartnersNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2016 9:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Producer postings
Full Time Job
We are open to considering NY or DC based candidates.
The Executive Producer (EP) for National Geographic Partners (NGP) is responsible for the development of programming and the supervision of that programming through delivery and broadcast. He/she must successfully collaborate with production companies to provide editorial guidance that enables producers to create compelling visual content with powerful storytelling, resulting in entertaining programs that meet/exceed ratings goals. He/she must protect programming investment dollars by making sure budgets are reasonable and that production companies deliver according to expectation. The EP will report to the VP of Production & Development.
• Collaborate with producers to implement the National Geographic Channel's programming strategy during every phase of production: pre-production, casting, scripting, rough-cuts, fine cut and final delivery. The EP is the principle editorial voice on assigned projects and tasked with maintaining the Channel's core values.
• Create premium, entertaining and engaging programming that exceeds ratings targets.
• Coordinate with Marketing, Ad Sales, Communications and Digital to provide necessary information and materials for the development and generation of Cross-Platform Content initiatives and strategy.
• Work closely with Production Management to maintain highest editorial standards within budgetary requirements.
• Provide timely feedback to production companies to maintain production schedule and to make sure all contractual obligations are met.
• Deliver shows that are on budget and schedule.
• Collaborate with the internal development team in maintaining robust relationships with production companies in order to generate new programming ideas for the network.
• Partner with the development department in reviewing and preparing select pitches for pre-greenlight and greenlight meetings.
• Work closely with Research to increase TSV and ratings.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years, high-level, supervisory editorial experience overseeing cable non-fiction program production for production company or cable network.
• Must have a working knowledge of Production Budgets and the ability to analyze ratings and other research data to better understand our own programming and the competitive landscape.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Must be able to multi-task many details of a high paced workload, while maintaining a strategic and organized workflow.
National Geographic Partners LLC, a joint venture between National Geographic Society and 21st Century Fox, combines National Geographic television channels with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic Studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, location-based entertainment, archival sales, catalog, licensing and e-commerce businesses. A portion of the proceeds from National Geographic Partners LLC will be used to fund science, exploration, conservation and education through significant ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.