Service Desk Technician - Lead
This was removed by the employer on 4/19/2017 8:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Service Desk Technician - Lead jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Service Desk Technician - Lead postings
Full Time Job
National Public Radio seeks a person to contribute to the operations of the IT division by engaging in IT process and project activities. These activities will contain various tasks in areas such as technical support, operations, infrastructure maintenance, database administration, analysis, applications development, documentation, and project management.
Responsible for overseeing service desk day-to-day activities and provide desktop hardware and software technical assistance to end users. Lead and mentor junior technicians, provide metrics reports, lead large projects, and serve as liaison with management. Works as part of a 24 x 7 x 365 team and must be able to respond quickly during non-shift business hours.
Essential Duties Include:
• Expert in evaluating, building, installing, testing, maintaining and supporting Mac, PCs and laptops, printers, peripherals, operating systems and applications.
• Expert in building and Deploying computer images using SCCM, MDT, and Casper Suite technologies, Expert in working on AD, DRA, GPO, and OU.
• Evaluates, tests, recommends and implements PC-based image SCCM or MDT technology and software packages to determine compatibility with existing systems, ease of use and maintenance and suitability for company’s overall needs and requirements.
• Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
• Develops and maintains staffing schedules to ensure 24/7 coverage of Tier1 and Tier2 staff.
• Provides technical assistance and training to PC technicians and end-users.
• Responds to Incident/Service Requests on production systems within guidelines determined by Priority.
• Monitors and manages ticketing system queue, creates and distributes weekly and monthly stats and metrics reports including KPIs and trends to Service Desk Manager.
• Manages small and large-scale PC-related projects and coordinates and carries out department and employees moves.
• Assists in the definition enforce and adherence of Service Desk policy and procedures
• Follows up on employee concerns related to Service Desk incident and service requests
• Creates and maintains PC support documentation, including user guides and SOPs.
• Leads and mentors junior PC technicians.
• Supervises day-to-day activities of Service Desk technicians.
• Participates in after-hours, on-call support.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
The candidate selected will have a majority of the following skills, abilities, competencies and knowledge while working under fast paced environment.
• Minimum 4 years of Service Desk experience or computer support related
• Minimum 4 years PC and Mac support hardware and Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows and MS Office Suite troubleshooting skills.
• Disciplined approach to troubleshooting computer related issues, including remote troubleshooting and have basic server, network and telecom troubleshooting skills.
• Must have strong coaching and mentoring skills to lead by example, transfer knowledge and expertise.
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must possess strong verbal, written communication and listening skills.
• Ability to lead a team by example by being a team player, self-starter
• Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
• Must have strong customer service skills.
• Must be adept at effective and efficient time managment of self and team duties.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Bachelor’s degree preferred with a concentration or major in Engineering or Computer Science or an Associate degree and 4 years of direct career experience in information technology disciplines, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A , Network , MCP and/or MCDST, SCCM, Apple Certified Associate or Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certification required.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keep up with us on Social Media on: Facebook at This Is NPR, Twitter at @NPRjobs, YouTube at NPR Life - as well as #NPRlife for 'behind the scenes' tweets from our colleagues.