Senior Systems Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 12/28/2016 7:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Systems Engineer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Systems Engineer postings
Full Time Job
NPR is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer for its IT Infrastructure team who will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure.
Essential Duties Include:
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and network environments by following an institutionalized change management process
• Manage all systems supported by the Infrastructure team by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
• Install, maintain and monitor equipment, which may include network and server infrastructure, application systems and database systems
• Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
• Create and maintain metrics to measure response time and availability for systems
• Respond to critical system issues on a 24x7x365 basis
• At least 5 years of experience designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering enterprise environment
• Strong knowledge of Exchange 2010, SMTP, Database Availability Groups (DAG) and Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
• Solid experience with anti-spam, filtering, logging, encryption and email tracking, TLS configurations, Transport rules, and e-discovery
• Hands on experience with the implementation and management of Lync 2013
• Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory and Group policy management, DNS, DHCP, and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Experience with high availability, business continuity, and disaster recovery concepts
• Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration/automation.
• Experience working with VMware ESX server
• Working knowledge of Citrix XenApp environment
• Working knowledge of SharePoint
• Experience with enterprise level backup/recovery tools, preferably Commvault
• B.S. Degree
• Industry certifications such as MCITP etc.
If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process. If you’re checking out technical or digital roles, here are some additional things you should consider about what you’ll experience at NPR.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keep up with us on Social Media on: Facebook at This Is NPR, Twitter at @NPRjobs, YouTube at NPR Life - as well as #NPRlife for 'behind the scenes' tweets from our colleagues.