This was removed by the employer on 2/7/2017 6:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Reporter/Correspondent, Jerusalem jobs in Jerusalem-JM
Search all Reporter/Correspondent, Jerusalem postings
Full Time Job
Develops ideas/proposals for reports and programs about Israel, the Palestinian territories, and the wider region; gathers information and materials for reports and programs; prepares, presents and transmits reports and program segments from abroad. Takes ownership of regional coverage from Israel and the Middle East: reports breaking news and develops stories illustrating trends and significant political, economic, social and cultural issues. This position reports to the Chief International Editor.
Essential Duties Include:
Develops ideas/proposals for reports and programs.
• Conceives, proposes, plans and researches ideas for stories and program segments for all NPR news platforms: on-air, online, mobile, and social media
• Contributes original reporting and writing online, with a sophisticated understanding of how to tailor reporting and news to online audiences.
• Develops news sources and keeps associated files.
• Participates in departmental planning coverage
• Communicates regularly with international desk editors about news developments and story ideas.
Gathers information and materials for reports and programs.
• Covers stories as assigned by international desk editors. Will involve frequent travel in and out of Israel, the West Bank, Gaza, and the wider region, at times, under difficult conditions.
• Gathers material on tape and otherwise, through interviews, press conferences, direct coverage of events. Advises editors of technical support required when and where necessary.
Prepares and presents reports and program segments.
• In consultation with editors, organizes, edits, and produces reports and programs segments, including introductory and continuity material.
• Provides accurate information to editors for spotting reports in programs, for making payments, for keeping program records.
• Writes and reads news summaries and hosts/anchors program/live coverage, under supervision of a producer, when so assigned.
• Fulfills administrative obligations arising from assignments, such as filing prompt and accurate expense records and program information/summaries; maintaining contact with editors and appropriate producers; keeping editors and appropriate producers informed about assignments.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Prepares and presents special reports, series, documentaries, and program segments examining important subjects in depth.
• Takes responsibility for developing a comprehensive area beat in Israel and the Middle East, as assigned.
• Under the supervision of a producer or assigned editor, anchors or assists in presenting live coverage of hearings, major news conferences, and other broadcasting or news events.
• Does original, investigative reporting, including the generation of ideas, and concepts and the development of plans for such reporting.
• Must make regular and frequent trips through the region, as news dictates, to other nations and beyond that produce a variety of major stories, features, and program segments for various NPR programs.
• Develops and makes use of extensive, proven broadcast production skills in the preparation of program materials and segments. Correspondent may serve as substitute host for NPR news programs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous Experience/Required Skills:
• Reporter: Minimum of 4 years of reporting experience. Experience in broadcast journalism, international reporting, and production issues a requirement. Proven ability to produce long-form, sound-rich radio pieces. Proven ability to articulate foreign policy issues in a professional and objective manner.
• Correspondent: Minimum of 6 years broadcast experience, including international reporting and radio production issues. Demonstrated expertise in all aspects broadcast journalism – reporting, voicing, editing, producing full radio pieces, use of microphones, recorders, computers and telecommunication transmissions via phone ISDN lines, satellite phones and/or Internet. Must have experience in execution of sophisticated broadcast and online journalism, such as long-form features and documentaries. Proven understanding of complex foreign policy issues, especially those involving the Middle East. In-depth knowledge of Middle Eastern history, politics, and economics.
• Travel and work in foreign countries. Experience working in the Middle East and experience in living and/or working in difficult international situations, including armed conflicts, preferred.
• Fluency in Hebrew and/or Arabic is preferred.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.