Project Manager/Scrum Master
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2017 6:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Project Manager/Scrum Master jobs in Boston-DC
Search all Project Manager/Scrum Master postings
Full Time Job
Note: this position is located in Boston, MA and supports the Digital Services division, which works with public radio stations nationwide to develop digital strategies and capabilities that will grow audience in local markets.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and knowledgeable project manager/scrum master who will provide day-to-day leadership of cross-functional teams that connect NPR with its digital audiences. We seek a person who feels comfortable in a servant-leader role for one or more teams, is passionate about Agile methodologies, and approaches their responsibilities with both a firm understanding of traditional structures and optimistic adaptability in applying the right tools and methods for the needs of a particular team.
The best candidates share these traits with our team:
• Creativity, initiative, curiosity, and flexibility -- tempered by pragmatism, patience, and acute attention to detail
• Love of (bordering on obsession with) Agile methodologies and culture
• Strong leadership and analytical skills. You are the information hub for work our teams are doing, and if you don’t have the answer yourself, you know how to get it. You can successfully operate at the micro and the macro level: a mashup of Switzerland neutrality and the sailor in the crow’s nest looking out for obstacles and opportunities for individuals, teams, and the division.
• Honesty, a friendly attitude, and a good sense of humor
Essential Duties Include:
As the Project manager/Scrum master, you are responsible for facilitating planning, daily progress, work reviews, and retrospectives; assisting product owners in translating project vision and business objectives into a backlog; facilitating backlog grooming; tracking the team’s progress against prioritized work; removing impediments for the team; and identifying risks to the team and management.
You ensure productivity by fostering team creativity, empowerment, and accountability, and you assist with work and resource prioritization, as well as the continuous improvement of Digital Services processes. In addition, the project manager/scrum master advances the role of Agile practices across NPR by leading/participating in training and by coaching teams, including some outside of Digital Services.
• Experience managing cross-functional digital projects in a Scrum framework
• Scrum Master certification
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations
• Capable of handling multiple deadlines and projects
• BS/BA degree
Bonus points for:
• Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with other Agile project management methodologies and tools, especially Lean Startup, Lean, or Kanban
• Business acumen combined with a tech background
• Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence), Google Drive, Slack
• Salesforce platform
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered
• We’re an Agile shop, provide formal Scrum training and use tools geared toward rapid development. Recently, we added Lean to our toolbox, and we constantly try to improve how we do what we do.
• We are located in a Boston’s Innovation district in South Boston. We are a 10-minute walk to South Station and within 15 minutes of a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture around the Fort Point Channel and Seaport Districts.
• We are diverse, lifelong learners. We read omnivorously from NPR’s giveaway bookshelf (getting hints from the NPR Books Tumblr), and edit bad grammar on milk cartons. We work hard to play hard.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keep up with us on Social Media on: Facebook at This Is NPR, Twitter at @NPRjobs, YouTube at NPR Life - as well as #NPRlife for 'behind the scenes' tweets from our colleagues.